These are factors that differentiate Link’s learning community from others:
- Link has a innovative, student-centered curriculum based on differentiated instruction and a strong emphasis on the
development of critical thinking skills.
- Link recognizes technology as a powerful learning tool. All students have technology classes and use technology in their core classes. Teachers utilize SmartBoards and web resources to create an interactive learning environment that appeals to multiple intelligences.
- Link believes that learning extends beyond the traditional classroom and provides a comprehensive extracurricular
program that broaden students’ knowledge and perspectives.
- Link’s rigorous curriculum is centered on Common Core Standards in the areas of English language arts and math, NJ Core Standards and New Generation for Science, thus ensuring excellent student outcomes.
- Link provides outdoor adventure education for students, for team building, leadership development and confidence/self-esteem boosting.
- Link’s program is designed to serve students with a broad range of academic abilities. The school is committed to providing
enrichment and support services for student success.
- Link ensures extensive exposure to the arts – fine art, performing arts, music and creative writing. Along with in-classroom instruction, students have opportunities to witness the arts in the real world, through trips to museums, theaters and other arts venues.
- Link has comprehensive structure in place to help struggling learners succeed.
- Link’s learning community is rooted in six Core Values (caring, respect, responsibility, honesty, following directions, and
doing one’s best) and a commitment to excellence from all members of the school community through caring, accountable relationships. Students and staff are held accountable to the Core Values.
A student-to-teacher ratio of 9 to 1, a class size of 18 students, a commitment to tutoring students who need extra help on a daily basis, and an advisory program allow for highly individualized attention that benefits our students greatly.
An Overview of Our Programs
Link offers a challenging program, which includes a Core Curriculum in mathematics, science, social studies, English Language Arts, physical education and health. Because Link strives to educate the whole child, the school provides meaningful exposure to the arts, and develop the necessary technological skills, Link also offers a challenging and exciting Co-Curricular Program in music, fine art, performing arts, creative writing and, for 8th graders, and high school preparation. Check out the curriculum for your child: Upper House (grades 7&8) and Lower House (grades 5&6).