The work at Link centers on a continuous and determined effort to provide students with the highest quality college-preparatory middle school education available in the country.
These are factors that differentiate Link’s learning community from others:
- Link has a innovative, student-centered curriculum based on differentiated instruction and a strong enphasis on the
development of critical thinking skills.
- Link recognizes technology as a powerful learning tool. Teachers utilize SmartBoards and web resources to create an
interactive learning environment that appeals to multiple intelligences.
- Link believes that learning extends beyond the traditional classroom and provides a comprehensive extracurricular
program that broaden students’ knowledge and perspectives.
- Link’s curriculum is increasingly centered on Link’s Core Performance Standards (CPS) in the areas of reading,
communication, math, critical thinking, and values.
- Link’s program is designed to serve students with a broad range of academic abilities. The school is committed to providing
enrichment and support services for student success.
- Link’s learning community is rooted in six core values (caring, respect, responsibility, honesty, following directions, and
doing one’s best) and a commitment to excellence from all members of the school community through caring, accountable relationships.
A student-to-teacher ratio of 9 to 1, a class size limit of 16 students, a commitment to tutoring students who need extra help on a daily basis, and an advisory program allow for highly individualized attention that benefits our students greatly.
An Overview of Our Programs
Link offers a challenging program, which includes a Core Curriculum in mathematics, science, history, English and Spanish. Because Link strives to educate the whole child, provide meaningful exposure to the arts, and develop the necessary technological skills, Link also offers a challenging and exciting Co-Curricular Program in music, computer, fine art, physical education, and high school preparation, as well as exciting Student Life activities.